Calling all trans writers, I am looking for contributors to the Trans Joy blog and zine series.
So much of the content around trans people and issues focusses on, or creates, trauma. But we are more than just our pain, and that’s what this project is about. It creates a space where we can celebrate and share the positive side of trans experience.
My own perspective is naturally limited by my own experiences, so I’m looking for other trans people to share their own experiences of Trans Joy.
- Bring something positive, this is not a place for trauma. I recognise and support work which does that, but this isn’t the platform for it.
- Look at what’s already been written for the project, and try to bring a new perspective
- 150-400 words
- You do NOT have to be a professional writer or established blogger.
- Trans writers only (broadly defined as anyone who identifies as a different gender to what they were assigned at birth, or as outside the gender binary)
- Don’t be a dick. I won’t publish writing which discriminates or degrades other marginalised groups.
What I can offer you:
- £10 per piece, this isn’t the market rate for a piece of writing but it’s a small way of recognising your contribution to the project
- A platform to share your work on the website and potentially in a zine. If you have any projects or social media of your own to promote then I’m happy to do that as well.
- This is first and foremost a passion project. The opportunity to share your experiences and see it help other trans people find joy in your words is honestly worth more than anything else I can offer you.
Please email any pitches to email@example.com, I’ll try and get back to everyone who gets in touch. Tell me what you’d like to write about, and a little about yourself and any writing experience.